Just some quick notes and links for things we talked about at last night’s.
- We talked about various messaging-related topics:
- Matrix.org as a relatively new and open messaging protocol.
- The private webmention specification created from IWC Brighton.
- Sebastian would like a chat interface on his contact page so visitors can quickly talk to him if he is available. There are bunch of services targeted at e-commerce sites, but from a quick review not much suitable for individual pages. This was also discussed on IRC. (I’ll probably follow up on this in another post, once I ordered my ideas a bit)
- IndieAuth-the-protocol – several attendees weren't aware that they can use their own systems (e.g. existing website login) for IndieAuth and want to implement this now. Documentation for the necessary authorization endpoint is here.
- Security: Caddy server has a new fingerprinting feature to detect TLS interception proxies. One could show a warning to users along the lines of “Your HTTPS looks wonky.